Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy

Categories
I’ve never read anything by Ted Dekker or Erin Healy before. In fact I’d never even heard of either of these authors. And admittedly after reading the book description wasn’t even sure if I would like the story. I received Kiss in the mail on a Tuesday. I was finished with the book by Wednesday evening.

Kiss is a very suspenseful novel, a winding tale of deception, disaster, and deceit. It is a tale of awakening and renewal. There are many questionable characters, many unanswered questions and many plot twists.

In this novel, the main character, Shauna, long-ago “abandoned” by her father and step-monster, wakes from a coma and is told that she caused the paralysis of the only person who matters to her, her younger brother, Rudy. The problem is that she can’t remember any of this…and as the plot thickens we learn that there is a reason for this. In this twisting, winding tale, Shauna must sort through the information and memories being fed to her by all those around her to determine the truth. In this novel, Shauna, haunted by her past and consumed by the unknown, is renewed when she learns that while the past does not define the future, it does help to shape it.

Even now, I’m not sure if I liked the novel, but to say that the storyline hooked me and I was so intrigued by it that I couldn’t put the book down would be an understatement.
I received a free copy of the book, "Kiss" from the Thomas Nelson Publishing copy. In return for this book, it was asked that I read and publish a review of the book.
Posted by The Spears Family at 12:40 PM

1 comments:

J. Kaye on 11.2.09 said...

I have this one on my list to read this month! :)

 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez