Monday, February 16, 2009

Consignment Season is Almost Here!

Categories ,
My favorite season is rapidly approaching! No, not spring...CONSIGNMENT SALE SEASON! Those of you who know me well know that I love consignment season, which unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) comes only twice a year.

In our area, there are 4 different sales that I shop. After shopping them all at some point or another over the last three years (I started shopping when I was pregnant) I would say that I've got a system. Some sales you must shop on the first day. Other's you benefit more going on the last day. Some are worth checking out the first AND last day! If you've got kids and have never shopped a consignment sale, trust me when I tell you, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. You can find some really great things at these sales.

My mom will usually come up for a few and join me in shopping. My husband will come along too.. he says to watch the spending, but he contributes just as much to the "must haves" as anyone else. Our daughter will come to "test out" the toys. The four of us always have a great time!

So for those of you who are intrigued.... or those too lazy to look them up yourself ;-) here are the 2009 Spring Consignment Sale dates (you can click the sale title to go directly to the sale site for more information):
March 4 • 9 am - 6 pm
March 5 • 9 am - 6 pm
March 6 • 9 am - 6 pm
March 7 • 9 am - 6 pm • 50% Off Day
(I usually browse this one the first day on my lunch break. It's a smaller sale so you can do that. I make a rule not to look at clothes on the first day, but go back on discount days for the sole purpose of looking through the racks and racks of clothes. They still have PLENTY to choose from on discount day!)

BELLES & BEAUS
March 13 • 9 am - 6 pm
March 14 • 9 am - 6 pm
March 15 • 1:30 pm - 6 pm • 50% Off Day
(This sale is worth going to, but be prepared for a great variation in pricing on clothing items. There usually isn't too much left on half off day but you can get some great deals.)

TOT TRADE
March 19 • 4 pm - 9 pm • Expectant & New Moms Only
March 20 • 9 am - 7 pm
March 21 • 9 am - 6 pm
March 22 • 12 noon - 6 pm
March 23 • 9 am - 6 pm
March 24 • 9 am - 7 pm • 30% Off Day
March 25 • 9 am - 7 pm • 60% Off Day
(This is a consignment sale like no other. If you're an expectant mother, you can probably get everything you need at this one sale. They have rooms dedicated to strollers, highchairs, bouncers, swings, bassinets, cribs. If you've never been before, take my advice when I say don't attempt this one alone...you'll definitely need a team! Oh, and don't miss the 60% off day- there will still be TONS of items left and you can get some AWESOME deals!)

THE M.O.M. SALE
March 28 • 7 am
(This is the Mothers of Multiples Sale- there are two of everything, but they don't sell in sets so moms of singletons can also benefit from this sale! Also great deals on toys and other accessories. pay $1 to get in at 7am or wait til 9 when it opens to the public)

Don't forget to take an empty clothes basket- these places don't have shopping carts and people pushing strollers or pulling wagons get dirty looks! Happy Consigning!

Posted by The Spears Family at 10:41 AM

2 comments:

Cate on 16.2.09 said...

You are so awesome! I will try to re-blog this on my blog...

Jaime said...

Thanks for the great info!

 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez