Monday, April 27, 2009

Book Review: The Noticer

Categories
I recently completed Andy Andrews' latest book, The Noticer.
I've never read anything by Andy Andrews and wasn't sure what to expect. The book jacket looked good and the plot summary sounded decent, so I decided to give it a try.

I would describe this book as "sweet." The plot was at times confusing and somewhat predictable. The message of the book- to always consider things from every perspective - made the book worth reading. Many times we get so caught up in ourselves and what is going on in our immediate world that we forget to communicate our needs and desires... we forget to think about the big picture. This story shows us how noticing even small things can make a difference in the course our life takes.

Do I think this book will win any literary awards? No.

Did I enjoy the book? Sure- it was a sweet, easy read. Great for a quick weekend read.

Can I think of a better book to read with the same message? Yes, Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

The Noticer goes on sell today so feel free to pick up a copy, drink a glass of wine and read it on your sun porch as you watch your kids play in the backyard.

On another note, check out The Noticer Project, a worldwide movement to "notice" the 5 most influential people in your life! Noticing those five people is meant to encourage us to step outside our busy schedules and avoid waiting until a wedding, graduation or even a funeral to take notice of the special, influential people in our lives . . . What a wonderful concept! So check it back and come back and tell me your thoughts....there may be a giveaway in your future!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posted by The Spears Family at 8:58 PM

1 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) on 18.11.09 said...

I have this one for review as well. I have read Andrew before and enjoyed the book. I love this "Noticer" you posted at the bottom of your review. What a great idea and what a good reminder for us all!

 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez