• Painting or Drawing- Buy a blank canvas at a local craft store and create something to match the room theme.
• Sewing- Bibs and burp cloths are easy, cute and fun!
• Crocheting- My daughter received a beautiful blanket crocheted by a friend... I absolutely adore it!
• Scrapbooking or Stamping- Create thank you cards with baby's name or monogram or just cards with a baby theme
• Singing- Record a CD of Nursery Rhymes
• Cross-stitching or Embroidery- We received a beautiful framed embroidered piece that included all of our daughter's vitals. It is hanging over her dresser.
Of course there are many other options out there... You don't even have to create it from scratch, buy something and add your own personalized touch to it! Just sit down in your thinking chair and think... think... thi-i-ink! (Can you tell that we watch a lot of Blue's Clue's?)
If you need some ideas, or like the idea of a handmade gift, but that's not your cup of tea, check out etsy. There are plenty of talented artisians on there!
What can you do to create a special and memorable baby shower gift? Share with us a unique hand-crafted gift you have made or received.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas. ~George Bernard Shaw