Saturday, April 10, 2010

Geocaching

Categories
People who know me or one of the immediate members of my family of 3.25 have heard me talk about geocaching. Geocaching is a recently discovered hobby of my husband’s that my daughter and I have also come to enjoy. Not only is it inexpensive, but it’s a great way for family to get outside, get on the move, and spend time together. With a 3 yr old, geocaching along our road trip routes is a great way to break up the trip, stretch your legs and have a little fun.

We got involved with the sport last July. We were vacationing in Stone Mountain, GA. During breakfast one morning at the hotel, my husband, noticed another guest on the hotel computer looking up something and scribbling numbers on a piece of paper. After the guy left, hubbie went over and viewed the history on the computer, which lead him to geocaching.com. He signed up that day and we’ve been caching ever since. The first cache we ever logged was one that my husband and daughter found while I was at work. And she was hooked too.

Over the next several posts, I'd like to introduce each of you to the sport of Geocaching and challenge you to try it with your family at least once.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posted by The Spears Family at 9:27 AM
 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez