Sunday, April 25, 2010

Slice of the South

This past week, my co-workers and I threw a surprise "Baby Sprinkle" for my manager. [She was very adamant about the fact that she did NOT want a shower. As marketing/advertising people, we figured out a way around that....it's all in the wording :-)]

We wanted to keep her sprinkle low-key, but seriously...what's a baby sprinkle without cake?!?!
There is a lady in the Columbia area who make delicious cakes (as well as the most FABULOUS petit-a-fours) Her company is Slice of the South. Tamra has made a few cakes for me (birthdays, showers, etc) and she NEVER disappoints! The cake melts in your mouth and the icing tantalizes the taste buds like no other.

At Slice of the South if you give her an idea, she'll take it and run with it. The results are always amazing and completely exceed my expectations. For the "Sprinkle" I told Tamra that I was looking for something around a Noah's Ark theme. The image to the left is the design she came up with. ADORABLE!

Finally (and really, most importantly) the cakes at Slice of the South are totally affordable.

Here are a few more of my favorite Slice of the South Cakes:
















Simply amazing stuff. If you're in the Columbia area, I highly recommend Slice of the South for your next event!

Tamra is very good about responding to voicemail and email very quickly. She does also work full-time so you need to get on her schedule as quickly as possible, but I promise you you will not be disappointed when you bite into a Slice of the South!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posted by The Spears Family at 8:21 AM

2 comments:

CC on 22.5.10 said...

these look amazing!!!! I so wish I lived closer and could eat those all up!!!!!

speechforme at gmail

Lean on 23.5.10 said...

I really love the designs. I remember making a cake with my mom and preparing some cake fondant in order to create some interesting design. That stuff is soo hard to make! Takes so much precision (right temperature, ingredients must be exact) to get it the right consistency. O_Leo_5(at)hotmail(dot)com

 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez