Monday, July 12, 2010

Adorable, Afforable Hairbow Sets!

If you're mom to a little girl, you probably have the same obsession with hairbows that I do. I love adorable hairbows! Solid, striped, curly, shaped...each outfit must have their own. My little one is now three and, to her father's dismay, she shares the same love of hairbows [and shoes] as I.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a link to a contest in which the blogger was giving away hairbows. Of course, I'm not going to turn down the opportunity to win free hairbows, so I decided to check it out. I am so glad that I did!

Cami, the creator of Baby Hair Bows makes the cutest little hairbows.. and even better... she sells them in sets! I looked through her photos and saw several that I loved. Guess what?!?! I was a winner in the contest! I choose the bandana set to go with an adorable cowgirl pillowcase dress I made. I received my hairbows in the mail very quickly and let me say, the bows are even cuter in person!

Have I mentioned that I love adorable hairbows?!?! Even more I love adorable hairbows that are also AFFORDABLE. Baby Hair Bows are @ $5 per SET! Yes, that's TWO HAIRBOWS for FIVE DOLLARS!

I decided that I must find out more about this wonderful woman who makes and sells these super sweet hairbows at awesome prices. So I did.

Who are you and where are you from?
I'm Cami, a 27-year-old mother of two girls under 2 years old. I'm originally from Houston, TX but my husband's in the Air Force so we move often. We're currently in Monterey, CA and loving living on the beach.

Why hairbows?
When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I noticed the growing trend of putting baby girls in hair bows. But I had a difficult time finding hairbows and if I could find them, they were outrageously expensive or didn't come in the colors that matched the clothes I had for her. So I decided to learn how to make my own.

How did you get started in the hairbow making business?
I tried several different types but settled on one kind of bow that I liked the best and was good at making. After making a set for my daughter, I started giving them out as presents and then did a demonstration at church on how to make them. I made so many bows that I decided to start selling them. So I set up my blog and started selling them mostly by word of mouth. Last year a friend and I shared a booth at a craft fair and sold our hair bow creations. It was a lot of fun.

How long have you been making bows?
About 3 years

How long have you been selling them?
About 2 years

How long does it take to make a set?
Once I get all the materials together, I can make a pair of hairbows in about 8 minutes, but I've had a lot of practice.

There is some disappointing news to this lovely story though... Cami has decided to put the bow making business on hold for now so that she can focus her time and energy on raising her two adorable daughters and completing her college degree. DRATS for me, KUDOS to Cami!

The good news here [besides the fact that Cami is earning her degree and raising her girls] is that she is trying to sell out the remainer of her inventory...and she needs your help!

Visit Baby Hair Bows and have a look around. If the bows are pictured, they are still in stock. Low inventory items will have a * next to them. If you see a set of bows that you adore, BUY THEM! [Seriously, they are $5 a set!] Don't forget to tell her that Bloggymom sent you!

BONUS GOOD NEWS: If you order 2 sets of Baby Hair Bows, you can get the third set FREE!

Also, Baby Hair Bows will be hosting a GIVEAWAY Monday, July 12 through Friday, July 16. The winner will get 1 set of hairbows!! To enter, visit Baby Hair Bows.

One more thing...the friend Cami mentioned above? Well she sells hairbows too. So once Cami closes shop, she'll referring her customers to her friend's blog... you'll just have to go back to her site to see who she is!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posted by The Spears Family at 12:06 AM

2 comments:

Everyday Mom Ideas on 13.7.10 said...

These are cute. This makes me long for a little girl of my own. I have two rowdy boys to keep me busy but I have lots of friends with little girls that would love these.

candace on 15.7.10 said...

Those are absolutely adorable and as a mother of two girls who never leave the house without bows in their hair, I have to say that is VERY cheap! Thanks for sharing!

 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez