Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Local Eats - Monte Cello's - Pittsburgh

Over the July 4th weekend, our family ventured north to the Pittsburgh area of Pennsylvania to visit with my brother-in-law who recently moved to the area.

Whenever we visit new places, I like to have a least one meal in a local restaurant. This goes back to my childhood vacations in which us kids would always ask to eat a the chain restaurant and my dad would say, "You can eat (name of chain) at home- we've gonna try someplace new." I hated that answer then, but now, I use the same line! We've discovered some pretty good eats following this philosophy though!

So... on Friday evening we had dinner at a place called Monte Cello's in Cranberry Township, the town my BIL lives in.
















Monte Cello's is a locally owned Italian restaurant that has been in the Pittsburgh area for over 30 years. They currently have 8 locations within the area.

Monte Cello's serves pizza as well as a wide array of Italian dishes. Man do we love Italian food! Especially GOOD italian food. Monte Cello's is not only VERY GOOD, it's also very affordable!

We all opted for the dinner dishes (lasagna, manacotti) which came with salad and a mini loaf of bread for each of us. This for under $10 each! K had a slice of pizza which ran $1.50. It was absolutely delicious! I tell ya, it's a good thing that we don't live in Italy because I think we would eat pasta dishes every day!

So, the moral of the story is that if you ever find yourself in Allegheny or Butler County Pennsylvania, check out the local Monte Cello's!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posted by The Spears Family at 10:50 PM
 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez