Sunday, August 8, 2010

Etsy bitsy Sunday - August 8

Categories ,
My feature item for this week’s etsy bitsy Sunday is this gorgeous bird's nest necklace from the etsy shop Ophelia Weeping.





The nest is made of sterling silver with freshwater pearls serving as the eggs. An 18 inch chain is included in the purchase price.


I don’t know what it is about this particular piece that I love so much, but I do. Simple really…a bird’s nest… but the design is so intricate, as if each piece of the “nest” is arranged just so to get that perfect shape. The blue pearls against the silver are wonderful- they look so blue. So perfect and undisturbed.


Just out of curiosity, I searched “bird nest necklace” on etsy… and although there were many, MANY others available by different sellers, THIS is THE ONE. The others just didn’t appeal. As Goldilocks would say, “too hot, too cold, too lumpy, too hard…” No other birds nest necklace that I have seen compares.


I think the Sterling Silver Birds Nest Necklace With Freshwater Pearls would be a great gift for anyone (including me!!) [And at $25 plus shipping, it’s totally affordable too!] I really wanted to get this for my grandmother’s birthday, thinking that the 3 eggs could represent her 3 children, but I waited too long to order. In all reality though, I really would love to have this necklace for myself as well. I think I’ll add it to my Christmas list, since that is a closer holiday than Mother’s Day ;-)


Ophelia Weeping is only one of many stores managed by Heather. In addition to this jewelry store, Heather also has etsy stores featuring whimsical accessories for girls, Photo Letter art & Fine Art, Jewelry making supplies and graphic design. Wow! This stay at home mom of two definitely has a full plate!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posted by The Spears Family at 11:58 AM
 

Bloggymom Reviews Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez